20 Autumn Date Ideas
There's something magical about when the summer heat and humidity turns into crisp fall weather. This time of year has a special sort of wonder to it. We got engaged in October 2015, got married in October 2016 -- and some of our most memorable times together have been spent on Autumn adventures.
As we come up on our first wedding anniversary, we'll be celebrating by taking a mini weekend trip and enjoying all of the things that make this time of year so lovely. We also wanted to share 20 of our favorite Autumn date ideas, perfect when you're lacking inspiration and want to make sure you're slowing down to enjoy the season the fullest.
20 Autumn Date Ideas
1. Go apple picking in a local orchard
2. Take a road trip to see the fall foliage
3. Share and sample a random 6-pack of fall Oktoberfest & pumpkin beers
4. Watch old school Halloween Movies together (Hocus Pocus, anyone?)
5. Get lost in a corn maze
6. Throw on your favorite flannel and take a cold weather hike
7. Make slow cooker apple sauce
8. Go to a pumpkin patch together
9. Tailgate & go to a college football game (go Badgers.. go Seminoles!)
10. Buy ALL the pumpkin things at Trader Joes to taste test
11. Sit by a backyard bonfire with hot apple cider
12. Rake all the colorful leaves in the yard and take a giant leap into the pile
13. Light a fall-y candle and challenge eachother to a board game tournament (we are big Scrabble nerds)!
14. Carve a pumpkin together
15. Season & roast the leftover seeds
16. Take a chilly camping trip.. yay for snuggle weather
17. Make time for gratitude by volunteering together
18. Go thrifting for an antique piece you can upcycle or refurbish together
19. Head to a local fall festival to soak up all of the good seasonal vibes and shop local
20. DIY an at-home pumpkin spice latte -- no coffee shop necessary!
Fun fact- these photos were taken back when the two of us first started dating. They are still some of my favorites of the two of us and it's easy to see how in love we were, even then.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy fall?