Farm to Glass Cocktail Series: Honey Citrus Gimlet
Tuesday is as good an excuse as any for a farm to glass cocktail! With our last bounty from the summer gardens, a cocktail using fresh produce and herbs is a great way to ensure that none go to waste! We've teamed up again with my favorite farmgirl, Lauren, of the Leek and the Carrot and Raleigh's Hillside Farm.
Kyle is the mixologist of the Anderson house. He concocted a delicious craft cocktail using ingredients like muddled cucumbers & freshly picked lemon balm from Lauren's organic farm and syrup from local artisan food company, Quince and Orchard. Cheers! You're going to love this cocktail that tastes just like summer in a glass!
FARM TO GLASS COCKTAIL SERIES:
Honey Cucumber Citrus Gimlet
- Juice from Half a Lime
- 1.5 oz.. Gin
- 3 Slices of Cucumber, Muddled (ours is from Raleigh's Hillside Farm)
- 6-8 Leaves of Lemon Balm, Muddled
- 1 oz. Quince & Apple Honey Lemon Syrup
- 1.5 oz. sparkling cucumber mint water (we found ours at Target!)
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle cucumber and lemon balm leaves.
2. Add lime juice, gin, syrup, and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker.
3. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass.
4. Top off the drink with cucucmber sparkling water and swirl with a swizzle stick.
Be sure to head over to Lauren's blog over at the Leek and the Carrot for her take on a farm to glass cocktail using Ouzo and a homemade ginger syrup! We are truly kindred spirits and it's so inspiring to see all that she is creating and doing out at the farm she co-owns with her husband (also Kyle!).
A special thanks to Quince &Apple for sending us some of their syrup to try out and to Lauren for her collaboration (& farm fresh produce!)