Friday Favorites: Vol. 1
We've been on a major podcast kick lately. We realized that one of our favorite elements of a lot of the shows we listen to is hearing the hosts share what they're loving at that moment. We thought this could become a fun weekly installment for the blog!
This week marks the official start of summer and boy has it been busy. Between dinner with girlfriends (Lauren!) to finishing up a bar top (Kyle!), and finalizing all of the edits to our house plans (both of us!)-- we're oh so ready for the weekend!
So without further ado, our Friday Favorites, volume 1!
- Wearing: I've been wearing this "Stay Focused" necklace from Galler.ee all the time. During this chaotic season of life it's a welcome reminder to keep my eyes and heart focused on the big picture.
- Listening To: Slightly Stoopid's laid back surfer rock. I just bought us tickets to see them at Red Rocks as part of Kyle's birthday trip to Colorado. We're so pumped.
- Obsessing Over: The ghost pepper caramel lattes at Madison Chocolate Company. They're a perfect mix of sweet and spicy. Locals, get yourself one ASAP!
- Crafting: I've been playing mixologist and combining craft beer with lemonade for a DIY radler/shandy. We had the most amazing one while we were on our honeymoon in the Italian Alps and it's a super refreshing summer drink.
- Making: A bar top from a wood slab reclaimed from the farm. My dad let me borrow a draw knife passed down through generations to create a hand hewn bar edge. This thing might be old but it still gets the job done.
- Listening to: Chris Loves Julia Podcast. Don't judge, it may sound girly, but it's super relatable to everything we're working on right now, plus I find myself laughing a lot at my desk. They've got great personalities and it's fun to listen and learn along the way.