Green Cleaning Products
When it comes to skincare products, I've slowly been swapping out traditional face washes, moisturizers, and make-up to more natural, chemical-free options. I figure why put "extra" chemicals onto my body if I don't have to? We've been applying the same logic when it comes to cleaning our home. I've been opting for less toxic options when it comes to laundry detergent, disinfecting counter sprays, and dish washing soap.
The best part is that it's easier than ever to find green cleaning alternatives. In fact, Target has been a huge proponent for helping to make natural cleaning products more mainstream and easily available. While we're not yet 100% chemical-free in our house yet, we're taking the steps to get there and it feels good! Next up, I'd love to start DIY-ing some of our own cleaning sprays and laundry detergent (I've been saving some to Pinterest!). Sounds like a good summer project, eh?
We just started using Seventh Generation laundry detergent and it's wonderful. It's around the same price as the big name brands but made with plant-derived cleaning agents and scented with lavender and blue eucalyptus. I'm pretty sure I've never been so excited to do laundry! It leaves clothes soft and doesn't leave a strong fragrance after washing.
Inspired by one of our favorite new green cleaning products, we wanted to share a few other brands and products to help you do your spring cleaning more naturally!
SHOP THE POST:
natural green cleaning picks
1. J.R. Watkins Coconut All-Purpose Cleaner- I love the tropical scent of coconut, especially in the summertime. This natural cleaner is perfect for sinks & countertops and works without bleach or dyes.
2. Meyers Clean Day Surface Scrub - This chlorine-free powder cleaner is for heavy-duty cleaning om surfaces like stainless steel pots, tile, and porcelain.
3. Wool Dryer Balls- We have a set of these for our dryer and love them! They're known to reduce drying time by 25% and can be used in place of fabric softener to make clothes less wrinkled and softer.
4. Natural Solutions for Cleaning & Wellness Book- I've officially added this book to my Amazon wishlist. It's full of DIY ideas & solutions for creating your own natural cleaning products.
5. J.R. Watkins Aloe & Green Tea Disinfecting Wipes - These wipes are super easy to grab for a quick counter clean up- and they're biodegradable!
6. Rebel Green Pink Lilac All-Purpose Spray - This plant-based cleaner sanitizes while cleaning up food, dirt, and greasy surfaces and is free of ammonia, chlorine, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
7. Method Laundry Detergent- This detergent is small but mighty (4x concentrated)! Like my Seventh Generation detergent, it's made from naturally-derived ingredients.
8. Grab Green 3-in-1 Laundry Pods- This detergent combines cleaning with stain removal and brightening in an earth-friendly product. These are next on my list to try because the reviews say that the fragrances leaves a lush gardenia scent on your clothing!
9. Meyer's Multi-Surface Spray- We use this eco-friendly spray on our counters every day. It has a really fresh lemon scent and can be used everywhere- from sinks to wood, to stone.
Do you have a favorite green cleaning product? Let us know in the comments, we love discovering new brands and ways to a more natural home!